You have friends that just never go away.
That’s a good thing. They say that after a friendship has gone seven years, it will last a lifetime. So i guess you’re stuck with me kid. Thank you for all the dumb shit we have gotten into over the years. From the long walks to Walgreens to see you suck at skateboarding, to bar hoping late at night on my birthday, we have done it all. Even though for the fifth year in a row you’ll be half way across the country ill still be calling you at 12:01am to tell you how fucking old you are, i’m glad we got all this stuff ahead of us to explore.
Music has always been a topic that we have both gotten to discover together. IN the beginning it was the classic middle school jams of Fall Out Boy and Divided By Friday, then we evolved into different tastes of music. He began to focus on the classical music aspect because it improved his talents and i went to the Teen angst phase that i sometimes still think im in. One thing that we always did was when we found something that clicked with us, we sent it along to the other to critique and break down. Actually as i wrote this he sent me to pieces to listen to online. None the less, music has been one of the many things we have used to stay in touch over the many years of moving around.
So in honor of turning 24, here are the songs that I believe you should listen to before you turn 24:
Happy Birthday Brother!
- Whats my Age — Blink 182
- Sober Up — AJR
- Timeless –Jon Bellion
- Everybody Wants Somebody — Patrick Stump
- Take Me Home, Country Roads — John Denver
- Closer — The Chainsmokers
- Strawberry Swing — Coldplay
- Aquaman — Walk the Moon
- Sunday Candy — Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment
- Polaroid — Imagine Dragons
- Hometown — Twenty One Pilots
- Don’t Burn Yourself Out — Dan Masterson
- My Way — Frank Sinatra
- You and Me– Dave Matthews Band
- Le Vie en Rose — Louis Armstrong
- Cant Help Falling in Love with You — Twenty One Pilots (Elvis Presley)
- The Longest Time — Billy Joel
- Too Good at Goodbyes — Sam Smith
- Under Pressure — Queen
- Don’t — Ed Sheeran
- This is Gospel — Panic! at the Disco
- I Dont Love You — My Chemical Romance
- Same Drugs — Chance the Rapper
- The Wonder Years — Jon Bellion
And a special one :
25. Shostakovitch’s Fifth Symphony ( Special Gift for the Birthday Boy)